Best Treatment for Shoulder Pain in Los Angeles, California!
Shoulder pain is a common problem with today’s lifestyle. The impact of an injury can additionally bring severe trauma to the shoulder joint and result in a shoulder injury. Shoulder pain is the first sign of an injury and indicates that something is wrong or out of balance.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain:
- Fractured bone
- Tear in the rotator cuff: Stretching, tear or rip in the tendons and ligaments of the shoulder joint
- Bruises and sprains
Diagnosis of Shoulder Pain
Treating the symptoms of pain alone cannot heal the shoulder injury and will only prolong recovery. It is the root cause of the shoulder pain that needs to be addressed. Therefore, if you have shoulder pain after an accident, then you should seek immediate medical help.
Most Common Symptoms of Shoulder Injury
- Sudden, intense pain in the shoulder
- Shoulder pain in a specific spot which worsens with exertion
- Weakness, numbness, tingling
- Swelling in the shoulder
- Stiff shoulder that pains more at night and disturbs sleep
- Difficulty in moving the arm in any direction
- Frozen shoulder
- Limited range of motion in the shoulder
- Pale, blue, discolored shoulder area
Treating the Shoulder Pain
Full recovery of the shoulder can take several months. Therefore, an accurate and early diagnosis is essential to maximize recovery. Once the problem is diagnosed, treatment options include:
- A sling to restrict the movement of the arm and give rest to the shoulder to promote healing
- Using elevation, compression, and ice to aid healing
- Physical therapy including stretch exercises for the joint capsule and strengthening exercises
- Surgery to treat a torn muscle, ligament or tendon
At Central Healthcare Center, we provide the most appropriate treatment for shoulder pains and injuries. If required, we may also refer you to a shoulder expert for further examination.
Call us at (213) 984-4575 to schedule an appointment today!