What is Sports Physiotherapy?
Sports Physiotherapy is a specialized branch of physiotherapy that deals with all kinds of sports injuries. It requires advanced knowledge and physiotherapy skill to prevent and treat sports injuries and improve athlete performance.
Physiotherapy is helpful in the treatment of sports injuries, such as ligament sprains, muscle strain, and tendon problems.
Call us at (213) 984-4575 to schedule a free consultation with one of our treatment specialists.
Physiotherapy Treatments For Sports Injuries
The best treatment approaches in sports physiotherapy include:
- Exercises: Exercises help patients to improve flexibility, movement, and strength. Sports physiotherapists design the right exercise program for every patient and provide support to help them learn and perform the exercise program.
- Hands-on Treatment/Joint Mobilization: Hands-on treatment to joints and muscles and soft tissue techniques help to reduce pain and improve movement.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture involves the insertion of disposable sterile needles into specific body points to help relieve pain and other symptoms.
- Taping: Taping is used for the prevention of injury and protection of an injured area from re-injury while healing takes place. It provides support and stability to anatomical structures, restricts the movement of injured joints, and compresses soft tissues to reduce swelling.
- Hydrotherapy/Aqua Therapy: This involves exercise and rehabilitation in water to assist muscle and joint rehabilitation. It helps to relax and relieve pain while supporting the body’s weight.
How Does Sports Physiotherapist Help Athletes ?
A sports physiotherapist is a highly-qualified specialist in sports injury management.He has all the sport-specific knowledge to address both acute and chronic sporting injuries.He assists athletes of all ages at any level of competition. He also provides education to prevent future injuries.
At Central Healthcare Center, we assess, diagnose and manage your sports injury to provide quick relief. Whether your sports injuries are new or long-standing, our expert sports physiotherapists help you to get better in no time!
Call us at (213) 984-4575 to schedule an appointment today!