Physiotherapy To Treat Chronic Pain:
Chronic pain can affect any part of the body and can occur in people of any age, including children. Physiotherapy is considered one of the best choices for treating long-term (chronic) pain.
Physiotherapists are experts in treating chronic pain as well as its source. They identify areas of weakness or stiffness and treat them with certain exercises to ease your pain, improve your mobility, and make you feel better and stronger.
Call us at (213) 984-4575 to schedule a free consultation with one of our treatment specialists.
What Does Physiotherapy Include ?
Physiotherapy requires a series of visits for multiple sessions. Your physiotherapist may also advise you to practice some exercises at home for the best results.
A physiotherapy session may include one or more of the following techniques :
- Heat and Ice Packs (ice to calm inflammation, heat to warm up muscles and make them more flexible)
- Massage, manual therapy, manipulation of joints/bones
- Cold laser therapy
- Microcurrent stimulation
- Strengthening Exercises (using machines, resistance bands, or just regular squats and push-ups)
- Low-impact Aerobics (workouts that remain easy on your joints)
- Pain-relieving Exercises (targeted at areas where you have pain)
- Stretching (gentle stretching after adequate warm-up)
- Home Exercises
Role of Physiotherapy in Managing Chronic Pain :
Physiotherapy uses a multidisciplinary approach to managing chronic pain. Physiotherapy treatment is based on the ‘biopsychosocial model’. A physiotherapist assesses which parts of the ‘biopsychosocial equation’ influence a patient’s pain.
Broadly, the physiotherapy treatments include 3 key aspects:
- Patient empowerment
- Promoting exercise and activities of daily living
At Central Healthcare Center, our licensed physiotherapists do thorough diagnostic testing to identify potential sources of chronic pain. Based on the diagnosis, we will design the best treatment plan to alleviate your pain. Our therapists also educate patients, help them develop skills to manage their condition, increase their activity, and improve their quality of life.
Call us at (213) 984-4575 to take an appointment today !!!