An effective approach to recovery.
Stress, although overstated in this time and age, is something that cannot be avoided. Our daily routines and lifestyles make sure of it. However, while unavoidable, it is certainly not something to be ignored. Give your mind and body their deserved and much needed break through a massage and see the wonders they do for you.
Massage therapists are experts who understand how stress and other factors affect the mental and physical aspects of the body. These experts, through massage therapy, leverage the right kind of pressure at the right points to ease out physical pain and negative energy.
Only performed by trained professionals, there are many kinds of therapies that one could choose from in order to get maximum results.
Common Types of Massage Therapy
- Swedish Massage: This is a gentle, full-body massage that involves long, flowing strokes towards the heart, kneading, tapping, deep circular movements, and vibration. This is ideal for those who are new to massage and are sensitive to touch. This massage promotes full-body relaxation.
- Sports Massage: This is designed specifically to the needs of sportspersons and athletes
- Trigger Point Massage: This massage focuses on myofascial trigger points (muscle “knots” that are painful when pressed and can cause symptoms elsewhere in the body)
- Others: Deep Tissue Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Aromatherapy Massage, Reflexology, Shiatsu Massage, Thai Massage, Prenatal Massage, and more!
Key Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Relieve pain
- Rehabilitate sports injuries
- Reduce stress
- Increase relaxation
- Reduce blood pressure and heart rate
- Reduce depression and anxiety
- Release certain chemicals in the body, such asserotonin or endorphins, that cause beneficial mechanical changes in the body.
- Aid general health & wellness
At Central Healthcare Center, our licensed and certified massage therapists first start with a detailed understanding of a patient’s symptoms and medical history. Then, through touch, they locate painful or tense areas and determine how much pressure to apply to alleviate the pain. If you’ve been suffering from pain, then we can help!
Call us at (213) 984-4575 to schedule an appointment today!