Massage Therapy Helps in Rehabilitation After Sports Injury
Massage is a popular treatment used by athletes, coaches, and sports physiotherapists. It involves the use of both stretching and pressure rhythmically and continuously over a patient’s skin. A massage therapist specializes in the soft tissues of the body (muscles, tendons, and the connective tissue called fascia). He can help to find and treat knots or tender areas before any bigger problem arises.
Massage therapy plays an important role in the sports injury rehabilitation process. A continual massage program helps to accelerate the recovery process after sustaining sports injuries. It also helps to bring the injured body part back to its full, pre-injury state.
Benefits of Sports Injury Massage:
- Massage provides relaxation and eases the pain.
- It encourages circulatory movement of the blood which helps the body to supply more oxygen and nutrients to tissues and vital organs. This allows the injured area to become more flexible and heal faster.
- By stretching and loosening tight tissues, massage helps to flush out swelling in joints and promotes quicker healing.
- Sports injury massage helps to reduce stiffness and improve mobility.
- Massage Therapy can be effective in handling various conditions, such as insomnia, lower back pain, anxiety, chronic pain, and more.
Common Massage Techniques:
Some of the most common techniques used in Massage Therapy:
- Percussion/Tapotement Manipulations
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Compression Massage
- Swedish Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
If you have sustained a sports injury and are looking for treatment options, then massage therapy can help you in accelerating your recovery. At Central Healthcare Center, our certified sports injury massage therapists will talk to you in detail and get all the information about your ailments before providing any recommendations. Then they do a thorough diagnosis to identify injured areas and recommend the optimal treatment to heal your injuries quickly.
Call us at (213) 984-4575 to schedule an appointment today!