A car accident can be quite traumatic, even if you have escaped uninjured. You may feel tenderness in some parts of your body, have a slight headache, or experience accident-related stress.
Massage therapy, after an accident, can help you feel better and relieve you of your stress. Massage therapy is usually prescribed for multiple sessions in a week for several weeks.
Popular types of Massage therapy includes :
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Swedish Massage
Immediate Benefits of Massage Therapy :
- Emotional Stability: Massage improves your blood circulation and calms your nervous system. It helps you to relax and recover from shock and trauma caused by an accident.
- Reduces Anxiety Disorders and PTSD: Massage helps to ease your anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). It helps you to deal with trauma quickly after a car accident and restore emotional balance.
- Promotes Healing: Soft tissue injuries, such as whiplash, are very common in auto collisions. Massage Therapy is very effective in healing such injuries. By increasing circulation, it promotes healing.
- Alleviates Pain: Massage Therapy helps alleviate pain, reduce stiffness, and improve range of motion.
- Helps Treat Concussion: Massage techniques that strengthen your parasympathetic nervous system help treat concussion either immediately or in the following days of the car accident.
- Reduce Soreness and Inflammation: A car accident victim can develop aches, pains, and soreness in different parts of the body. Massage increases blood circulation and helps improve the function of your lymphatic system. It helps reduce inflammation and provide pain relief.
At Central Healthcare Center, our licensed massage therapists do an initial assessment of your injury and then prescribe a course of massage therapy sessions based on the severity of your condition. Our expert therapists do everything to relieve you of your chronic pain.
Call us at (213) 984-4575 to take an appointment today !!!